Created in 2003, Grasshopper originally was GotVMail when there were very few companies providing virtual phone services. Today, Grasshopper (a part of Citrix) is a great business-class voice over IP (VoIP) solution for small businesses that need a basic and fast professional phone system. It works extremely fast and is easy to setup with low cost. It features basic of any business virtual phone system such as call routing/IVR, voicemail, faxing, etc. Read Grasshopper Reviews, Features, Pricing, etc. below.
What is Grasshopper?
Grasshopper is a virtual phone system that allows small business entrepreneurs to have a professional phone number using existing normal landlines or cell phones. It facilitates small businesses to avail the appearance and basic functionality of a business-grade Private Branch eXchange (PBX) without incurring heavy costs. It features toll-free and local numbers, extensions, voicemail to email, custom main greeting, and many more.
Grasshopper is a cloud-based phone system, so there is no hardware or wires needed. Also, Grasshopper iPhone and Android apps easily separate your business-related calls and messages from personal ones. All these and many more features are available in 4 different pricing plans. They have already served over 300,000 happy business owners. Avail Grasshopper services today and make your business sound professional fast.
Their services allow you to turn the world into your office. Run your business easily using your smartphones. Its amazing features are –
- Multiple Extensions – Get a Toll Free and local number for your business with multiple extensions for everyone on your team. Add department & employee extensions easily.
- Call Forwarding – Send your calls to your mobile phone and work from anywhere. Create & customize extensions to forward calls anywhere: home, office or cell. Create 1 digit department extensions and 3 digit employee extensions.
- No Expensive New Hardware Needed – No need to purchase or install expensive phone hardware as Grasshopper works with your existing desk, existing mobile and home/office phones.
- Get Voicemails and Faxes Delivered via Email – No need to call and check messages. Just open the MP3 or PDF attachment while checking emails to know all.
- Voicemails Transcribed – With the Read Your Voicemail feature, each voicemail is automatically transcribed and delivered to your email notifications. You can also choose to have voicemails transcribed by a human on-demand.
- Business Text Messages – With Business SMS feature, send & receive professional text messages on your toll-free or local number of partners & colleagues. An option to offer text support to your customers.
- Make Calls Showing Your Grasshopper Caller ID – For calling a client, use the Grasshopper mobile app to make a call which displays your Grasshopper caller ID instead of your mobile phone. The person will never know you are using a cell phone to call.
- Know Who’s Calling – When you get a call, before accepting the call you can know who is calling. Press 1 to accept the call, 2 to put them into voicemail, or 3 to hear the caller’s phone number.
- Other Features – 24/7 Live Support, No Long-Term Contracts, Upgrade Anytime, Music on hold, Affordable Plans, etc.
Grasshopper – How It Works?
Appear to be more professional & stay connected with Grasshopper, number one choice of entrepreneurs. See here how it works –
- Pick a number (Grasshopper 800 numbers, too free numbers, local number) for your business
- Record your custom main greeting
- Add departments and employees extensions
- Get calls, voicemails, and faxes anywhere
A toll-free number can be a very important asset for your business. It works as a customer service or helplines number in addition to providing the biggest benefit to customers – A Charge Free Call. However, there are many other great benefits to having a one for your business –
- It can add credibility to your business.
- They are great for marketing and a national presence
- They can make your business sound more professional and stay connected
- No need for a separate phone line or Fax for your business. No missed call or no busy lines for customers while saving time and money.
- Make your business presence feel in a big city by selecting a local number of that city’s area code.
Grasshopper Pricing & Plans
Grasshopper plans come with unlimited minutes, free activation and tons of great features.
- Toll-free numbers – These numbers can make your business appear more professional and works best for marketing and making a national presence felt.
- Grasshopper 800 Numbers – They offer 877, 888, 866 and 855 toll-free numbers, and also a limited supply of true 800 numbers are available.
- Vanity Numbers – Get your choice of vanity numbers easily like some companies like 1-800-FLOWERS, etc.
- 844 Numbers – This 844 prefix is the newest in 800 number series. As it’s new, there are a ton of vanity number options available.
The standard pricing for all Plans are –
- Solo – $24 a month, 1 number and 3 extensions included
- Partner – $49 a month, 3 numbers and 6 extensions included
- Small Business – $89 a month, 5 numbers and unlimited extensions included
Grasshopper Integrations Options
It is important that Grasshopper VoIP phone provider software integrates with other applications your business currently uses. Some of Grasshopper’s popular integrations are –
- Google Voice
Grasshopper 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
You can try Grasshopper risk-free for 30 days. If you are not completely satisfied with their services, cancel the service within 30-days of activation for a full refund.
Grasshopper Coupons Codes
Grasshopper helps small businesses look like they have a national presence by offering a business-grade virtual phone system. Take the benefit of the Grasshopper discount codes today. Get $75 discount off which you will see at signup, no code needed. Or Refer a Friend at Grasshopper and get $25 off or Buy Grasshopper services today to get free activation on all plans. From time to time, Grasshopper Promo codes are available on websites such as goodsearch.com, dealnerd.net, and many more.
Several users share positive feedback for Grasshopper. They are very much satisfied with their pricing and service reliability. In addition, almost all users agree that it is easy to use and customer support is excellent. The customer service representatives and account management team are fast, very friendly and attentive. Also, they make it very simple to search for toll-free or vanity numbers unique to your business.
Some users were not completely satisfied with their services and gave negative Grasshopper Reviews. Few people reported having a difficult time setting up the phone system. While some complain that it is confusing to record voicemails and get the call forwarding feature set up correctly.
Overall, Grasshopper works well for small business. Though they are not the best business phone system provider, but for a small business, it works great. But for a very large business, look for another better option.
Grasshopper Pros/ Cons
- Easy to use and reliable
- Low cost, potential savings
- Handy use of iOS/Android app
- Useful integration options available
- Business texting and Voicemails Transcription
- 24/7 customer support
- 30-day money back guarantee
- No call recording
- No outbound fax option
- No free trial
Comparison Grasshopper V/s MightyCall
|Plans||Solo plan||Basic plan|
|Price per month||$24/ month||$19.99/ Month|
|Local or Toll-free numbers||1||2|
|Existing number transfer||$30||For free|
|Text messages||$10 per user||Unlimited|
|Call forwarding and Call Queue||Yes||Yes|
|Facebook and Twitter integration||No||Yes|
|Custom main greeting||Yes||Yes|
|Webphone for In/Out Calls||No||Yes|
|Contact Us Widget||No||Yes|
|Call Back Widget||No||Yes|
|Customer Support||24/07 Support||Monday-Friday from 9 am to 5 pm PST|
|International numbers||No||$10 extra|
|International Calls||Per request ($500 deposit)||Yes, pay as you use|
Grasshopper Virtual Phone System is perfect for the small to medium-sized business. They offer a creative and affordable virtual phone system solution that every business may need. Marketed as “The Entrepreneur’s Phone System,” it is perfect for linking professional phone service to a single mobile device, allowing entrepreneurs to remain both organized and in communiqué from anywhere.